Monday, August 27, 2007

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

I almost titled this "What a Difference a Year Makes." However, in light of how I'm feeling, I think "The First Day of the Rest of My Life" says it best.



After years of struggling and infertility, God granted us a beautiful baby boy named John Landrum Loftis V on August 8, 2007 at 7:30pm via C-section.








Today, August 27, 2007, is my first day without a mom or mom-in-law to help. It's just our little family. The first day of the rest of my life as a mommy. It's all me. I'm on my own. And it is both terrifying and wonderful.




Thankfully God eases us into this process with little ones who sleep a lot! He is napping right now. He's a good eater and a good sleeper. Quite an easy baby. My mother-in-law tells me that my husband was wound very tight. Thankfully our little guy doesn't take after his daddy in that way. He's fairly laid back except when it comes to food. Then he's all business!




So today I'm thinking through what our lives will look like. I know I need a nap each day when he naps. And I'd like to also begin reading his books to him. So we need to have story time. Then I think he also needs a little time on his Baby Einstein play mat. It plays music, which he really likes.




The first day of the rest of my life ... wanting to figure out schedule and playtime and naptime and all that fun stuff. Wanting to have a sense of things. Otherwise, it feels way too daunting.


Well, I hear him squeaking, so I better go be a mommy now.


What an amazing gift!!

2 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 12:30 PM, Blogger e said...

wow! congrats!
erika

 
At January 27, 2008 1:37 PM, Blogger Joey Hansen said...

Post some more!!!
Love you, hanna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home