Wednesday, March 22, 2006

An Attempt at Poetry

A thought occurred to me this morning and a poem flowed from that thought. I don't normally have an urge to write poetry so this is new for me.... bear with me.



A Year Ago Today
(March 22)

A year ago today...
A day like any other day
with my thoughts on the meeting ahead.
Listening expectantly in the waiting room for my name to be called.
Celebration! A long journey acknowledged by my advocate in a white coat.
No more waiting.
Finally the moment.
The wand moving gently around
searching for the priceless pearl.

Yes! There it is.... the tiniest beat of a heart.
The tiniest beat of a miracle.
A joy I've never known.
Reaching for my love's hand.
Tears.
Relief.
Joy.
Peace.
Gratitude.
Awe.
Wonder.
LOVE.

A year ago today...
Concern.
The Beat is smaller than it should be.
Two weeks too small.
Concern. Warning.
Don't spread the news just yet.
Fear. But peace.
Longing. Prayers. Hope.

A year ago today
A moment to never forget.
A moment to be treasured.
A moment to feel alive.
A moment to be grateful.

A year later....
A year later to the day....
Empty arms waiting.
Moments away from another try.

Hope.
A year later to the day?


2 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Joey Hansen said...

This brought tears to my eyes, Fennie. Thank you for sharing your heart.
-Joey

 
At March 22, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Laura said...

A year.
Praying for you and hoping with you.

Love you.
Laura

(good poetry!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home